Knowing the Different Signs of Leaks and When to Call for Advanced Leak Detection
The most obvious sign that you may need an advanced leak detection would be leaking water. A less evident sign may be that you hear the sound of running water when all taps are off and devices are not in use. Knowing the different types of leaks and when to call for an advanced leak detection could be your key to save those precious dollars.
Signs of a Slab Leak
- The consistent sound of running water even though all appliances are not in use and the taps are turned off could indicate plumbing leaks under the slab.
- A hot spot on the tiles or carpets could imply a hot water leak.
- Cracks or openings appearing in the floorscan be a result of a leak under the slab.
- Mold or excessive water under your carpets may be an indication of water leaking from the pipes and cracking the slab.
- A dramatic increase in your water bills. This increase may be caused by a plumbing leak under the slab.
Signs of a Pool Leak
- Abnormally high or an increase in water bills.
- The level of the water in your pool exceeds that of normal evaporation or splash outs.
- There are areas around or beyond the pool that are mushy and soggy.
- Your grass seems to be greener or healthier in certain areas.
- An increased use of chemicals to maintain the correct pH levels.
- Increased algae growth due to an increase in untreated water.
- There is structural damage or cracks in the pool.
- Certain areas of your grass or plants do not look as healthy as the rest of your garden.
- Tiles surrounding your pool or pool decks are lifting.
If you have signs of a leak, call the advanced leak detection experts at Leak Masters 843-637-4585. Visit us at https://www.leakmastersusa.com/ or contact Leak Masters Charleston at 843-637-4585 for your advanced leak detection needs. We service the greater Charleston area: Mount Pleasant, Downtown Charleston, Summerville, West Ashley, North Charleston, Sullivan’s Island, Isle of Palms, Daniel Island, Kiawah, James Island, Johns Island, Folly Beach, Ladson, Hanahan, & Goose Creek.